Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Vieni, o Ruggiero, la tua Eloisa da te divisa non puo restar: alle mie lacrime già rispondevi, vieni, ricevi il mio pregar. Vieni, o bell'angelo, vien, mio diletto, sovra il mio petto vieni a posar! Senti se palpita, se amor t'invita... vieni, mia vita, vieni, fammi spirar ...
- by Carlo Pepoli, Conte (1796 - 1881) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Johann Gaitzsch) , title 1: "The invitation", copyright © 2003, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (G. Friedrich) , title 1: "Die Einladung", from the 1st volume of Rossini's Soirées musicales, Schott, published 1835
- FRE French (Français) (Louis Crevel de Charlemagne) , title 1: "L'invitation", from the 1st volume of Rossini's Soirées musicales, Schott, published 1835
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Ana María Villamizar C.) , title 1: "La invitación", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Johann Gaitzsch
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:44
Line count: 16
Word count: 48
Ven, oh Ruggiero tu Eloisa separada de tí no puede estar. A mis lágrimas responde, ven, recibe mi súplica. Ven, oh bello ángel ven, mi delicia sobre mi pecho, ¡pósate! Siente mi palpitar cuando el amor te invite ven, mi vida, ven, hazme desfallecer...
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to Spanish (Español) copyright © 2013 by Ana María Villamizar C., (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Ana María Villamizar C..  Contact: anamariavillamizar (AT) gmail (DOT) comIf you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
Text added to the website: 2013-10-25 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:22
Line count: 16
Word count: 44