Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Tochter des mächtigen Zeus! erwache! Sein Ruf ertönt! Geschwunden sind die Jahre der Rache! Er ist versöhnt!
- by August von Kotzebue (1761 - 1819), appears in Die Ruinen von Athen [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770 - 1827), "Chor", op. 113 no. 2 (1811) [chorus and orchestra], from the cantata Die Ruinen von Athen = The Ruins of Athens, no. 2. [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Chœur", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Christian Anderson
This text was added to the website: 2011-03-04
Line count: 4
Word count: 17
Fille du puissant Zeus ! réveille-toi ! Son appel retentit ! Les années de vengeance sont terminées ! Il se réconcilie !
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to French (Français) copyright © 2014 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by August von Kotzebue (1761 - 1819), appears in Die Ruinen von Athen
This text was added to the website: 2014-01-14
Line count: 4
Word count: 22