Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
He scanned it -- staggered -- Dropped the Loop To Past or Period -- Caught helpless at a sense as if His Mind were going blind -- Groped up, to see if God was there -- Groped backward at Himself Caressed a Trigger absently And wandered out of Life.
- by Emily Dickinson (1830 - 1886) [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Leon Kirchner (b. 1919), "1062", 1982 [soprano and piano], from The Twilight Stood, no. 2. [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website: 2014-01-13 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:27
Line count: 9
Word count: 44
Il l'examina -- tituba -- Laissa tomber la boucle Vers le Passé ou une Époque -- Se rattrapa sans recours à un sens comme si Son Esprit devenait aveugle -- Monta en tâtonnant, pour voir si Dieu était là -- Revint en tâtonnant vers Lui-même Caressa une Gâchette distraitement Et partit sans se presser de la Vie.
About the headline (FAQ)
- Translation from English to French (Français) copyright © 2014 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2014-01-14 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:28
Line count: 9
Word count: 52