Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Полу-милорд, полу-купец, Полу-мудрец, полу-невежда, Полу-подлец, но есть надежда, Что будет полным наконец.
About the headline (FAQ)Note on Transliterations
- by Aleksandr Sergeyevich Pushkin (1799 - 1837), no title, written 1824 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by (Edward) Benjamin Britten (1913 - 1976), "Эпиграмма", op. 76 no. 5 (1965), from Эхо Поэта = `Ekho Po`eta, no. 5. [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Épigramme", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 4
Word count: 12
Moitié milord, moitié marchand, Moitié sage, moitié béotien, Moitié filou, mais il y a l'espoir Qu'il le soit complètement enfin.
- Translation from Russian (Русский) to French (Français) copyright © 2015 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in Russian (Русский) by Aleksandr Sergeyevich Pushkin (1799 - 1837), no title, written 1824
This text was added to the website: 2015-08-07
Line count: 4
Word count: 20