Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Remember not, Lord our offences, nor th'offences of our forefathers neither take thou vengeance of our sins, good Lord But spare us, good Lord. Spare thy people, whom thou hast redeem'd with thy most precious blood; and be not angry with us forever. Spare us, good Lord.
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts , from the Litany (the Book of Common Prayer) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Henry Purcell (1658/9 - 1695), "Remember not, Lord, our offences", Z. 50 (1679-82). [five-part chorus] [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Ne te souviens pas, Seigneur, de nos offenses", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "Gedenke, Herr, nicht unserer Verfehlungen", copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Ivo Zandhuis
Text added to the website: 2004-12-13 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-24 15:41:46
Line count: 8
Word count: 47
Ne te souviens pas, Seigneur, de nos offenses, ni des offenses de nos parents, ne tire pas vengeance de nos péchés, Seigneur de bonté. Mais épargne-nous, Seigneur de bonté. Épargne ton peuple que tu as racheté avec ton sang le plus précieux ; et ne sois pas en colère contre nous, jamais. Épargne-nous, Seigneur de bonté.
- Translation from English to French (Français) copyright © 2015 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in English by Bible or other Sacred Texts , from the Litany (the Book of Common Prayer)
Text added to the website: 2015-08-14 00:00:00
Last modified: 2015-08-14 14:16:57
Line count: 8
Word count: 56