Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Schimmernde Kronen will ich dir flechten In deiner Locken rollenden Kranz, Wie in lauschenden Sommernächten Goldne, funkelnde Sterne sich flechten In des Himmels dunkelnden Glanz. Laß das Bangen und beuge dich nieder! Wenn ich auch küssend die Seele dir nehm', Meine Seele geb' ich dir wieder, Schling' um dein Haupt dir den Klang meiner Lieder, Zeig mir ein schöneres Stirndiadem! Von den sommerlich blühenden Hängen Rauschen die Quellen - so gieb dich hin! Neige dich zu mir, lausche den Sängen, Meiner Lieder lockenden Klängen, Du meiner Nächte Königin.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Karl (or Carl) Busse (1872 - 1918), "Schimmernde Kronen ...", appears in Hedwig, no. 4 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Eugen Lindner (1858 - 1915), "Schimmernde Kronen will ich dir flechten", published 1900 [voice and piano], from the collection Nächte, no. 3, Leipzig, Herm. Seemann Nachf. [text not verified]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , title unknown, copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Sharon Krebs [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2011-09-11
Line count: 15
Word count: 88
Shimmering crowns I shall weave you Into the rolling circlet of your curls, As in cozy summer nights Golden, sparkling stars weave themselves Into the darkening radiance of the sky. Leave off your trembling and bow down! Even though I take your soul in kissing, I give you my soul in return, Wrap the sounds of my songs round your head, [I challenge you to] show me a more beautiful tiara for your brow! From the slopes with their summery blooming The water-springs murmur - let yourself go thus! Incline yourself to me, listen to the chants, To the enticing sounds of my songs, You, the queen of my nights.
About the headline (FAQ)Translated titles:
"Schimmernde Kronen will ich dir flechten" = "Shimmering crowns I shall weave you"
"Schimmernde Kronen . . . " = "Shimmering crowns . . ."
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2015 by Sharon Krebs, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Karl (or Carl) Busse (1872 - 1918), "Schimmernde Kronen ...", appears in Hedwig, no. 4
This text was added to the website: 2015-09-09
Line count: 15
Word count: 110