Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Und wenn die Herzen auch klingen, Die Seelen auch schluchzen und schrein, Fahr wohl, mein Lieb - mit Singen Soll doch geschieden sein. Einst will ich dir ja reichen Die Hand zum Wiedersehn Und dir die Locken streichen Beim großen Auferstehn.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Karl (or Carl) Busse (1872 - 1918), "Spätes Wiedersehn", appears in Hedwig, no. 23 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Hans Hermann (1870 - 1931), "Spätes Wiedersehen", published 1899 [tenor or soprano and Mason-Hamlin harmonium], from [Neun] Lieder für eine Singstimme mit Mason-Hamlin-Harmonium, no. 7, Berlin, Koeppen. (Leipzig, Breitkopf & Härtel.) [text not verified]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , title 1: "Delayed reunion", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Sharon Krebs [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2011-09-11
Line count: 8
Word count: 41
And even if our hearts ring, Even if our souls sob and scream, Farewell, my love – nevertheless With singing we shall part. Someday I shall stretch out to you My hand when we meet again And I shall stroke your curls At the great resurrection.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2015 by Sharon Krebs, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Karl (or Carl) Busse (1872 - 1918), "Spätes Wiedersehn", appears in Hedwig, no. 23
This text was added to the website: 2015-09-09
Line count: 8
Word count: 46