Da quel sembiante appresi A [sospirare amante]1; Sempre per quel sembiante Sospirero [d'amor]2. La face, a cui m'accesi [Sola]3 m'alletta e piace; È fredda [ogni]4 altra face Per riscaldarmi il [cor]5.
About the headline (FAQ)View original text (without footnotes)
Confirmed with Tutte le opere di Pietro Metastasio, Firenze, Tipografia Borghi e compagni 1832, page 395.
The text appears in L'Eroe cinese, atto I, scena III (Lisinga's aria).1 Schubert: "sospirar d'amore"
2 Schubert: "d'amore"
3 Schubert: "Solo"
4 Schubert: "ogn'"
5 Schubert: "cuore"
- by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio, no title, written 1752, appears in L'Eroe cinese [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "Da quel sembiante appresi", D. 688 no. 3 (1820), published 1871. [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "D’aquell rostre he après", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Laura Prichard) , "From that countenance I learned", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "De quelle forme j'ai appris", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Richard Morris , Peter Rastl [Guest Editor]
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2017-12-18 02:53:08
Line count: 8
Word count: 31