αἴθ' ἔγω, χρυσοστέφαν' Ἀφρόδιτα, τόνδε τὸν πάλον [^ ^ -] λαχοίην.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Sappho (flourished c610-c580 BCE) [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- [ None yet in the database ]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Vyacheslav Ivanovich Ivanov (1866 - 1949) , no title, appears in Сапфо и Алкей (Sapfo i Alkej) FRE ; composed by Arthur Vincent Lourié.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- RUS Russian (Русский) (Vyacheslav Ivanovich Ivanov) , no title, appears in Сапфо и Алкей (Sapfo i Alkej)
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2015-11-04
Line count: 2
Word count: 11