Ἔρος δ' ἐτίναξέ μοι φρένας, ὠς ἄνεμος κὰτ ὄρος δρύσιν ἐμπέτων.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Sappho (flourished c610-c580 BCE), no title [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- [ None yet in the database ]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Henry Thornton Wharton (1846 - 1895) , no title FRE ITA RUS ; composed by Granville Ransome Bantock, Sir.
- Also set in Italian (Italiano), a translation by Salvatore Quasimodo (1901 - 1968) , no title, copyright © ENG FRE RUS ; composed by Goffredo Petrassi.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Vyacheslav Ivanovich Ivanov (1866 - 1949) ENG FRE ITA ; composed by Vissarion Yakovlevich Shebalin.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Henry Thornton Wharton) , no title
- FRE French (Français) (Ernest Falconnet) , no title
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Salvatore Quasimodo) , no title, copyright ©
Researcher for this text: Ferdinando Albeggiani
This text was added to the website: 2015-11-05
Line count: 2
Word count: 11