Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
So lange Schönheit wird bestehn, so lang' auf Erden Augen sehn, wirst du der Liebe nicht entgehn.
- by August Heinrich Hoffmann von Fallersleben (1798 - 1874) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "So lange Schönheit wird bestehn", op. 113 no. 6, published 1891 [vocal quartet of female voices], from 13 Kanons für Frauenstimmen, no. 6, Leipzig, Peters [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Zolang er schoonheid zal bestaan", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , copyright © 2015
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2005-08-29
Line count: 3
Word count: 17
Zolang er schoonheid zal bestaan, Zolang er ogen gadeslaan, Zul jij niet zonder liefde gaan.
- Singable translation from German (Deutsch) to Dutch (Nederlands) copyright © 2015 by Lau Kanen, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., please ask the copyright-holder(s) directly.
Lau Kanen.  Contact: lcpkanen (AT) gmail (DOT) com
If the copyright-holder(s) are unreachable for three business days, please write to:
- a text in German (Deutsch) by August Heinrich Hoffmann von Fallersleben (1798 - 1874)
This text was added to the website: 2015-12-02
Line count: 3
Word count: 15