Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Ancor che per amarti io mi consumi In ogni parte e non a me rimiri Tu, bramata cagion di miei martiri. Deh, volgi homai ver me gli amati lumi Poi che vil fango ancor rimirar suole Senza oscurar i suoi bei raggi, il Sole.
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Carlo Gesualdo da Venosa (c1561 - 1613), "Ancor che per amarti io mi consumi", published 1611 [chorus], madrigal for five voices [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "Selbst wenn ein jeder Teil von mir", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Même si de t'aimer je me consume", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Bertram Kottmann
This text was added to the website: 2015-12-13
Line count: 6
Word count: 44
Même si de t'aimer je me consume Dans chaque partie, tu ne me remarques pas, Toi, cause désirée de mon martyre, Ah, si tu tournais vers moi tes yeux aimés, Car sur un sol de vile boue, il peut briller Sans obscurcir ses beaux rayons, le soleil.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to French (Français) copyright © 2015 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2015-12-17
Line count: 6
Word count: 47