Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
O Seelenparadies, Das Gottes Geist durchwehet, Der bei der Schöpfung blies, Der Geist, der nie vergehet; Auf, auf, bereite dich, Der Tröster nahet sich.
- by Salomo Franck (1659 - 1725) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 - 1750), "Aria. O Seelenparadies", BWV 172 no. 4 (1714) [ tenor and instrumental ensemble ], from cantata Erschallet, ihr Lieder, erklinget, ihr Saiten!, no. 4 [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English [singable] (Ebenezer Prout) , "O paradise of souls"
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "O paradis des âmes", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 6
Word count: 24
O paradis des âmes, À travers qui l'Esprit de Dieu respire, Lui qui souffla lors de la création, L'Esprit, qui jamais disparaît ; Debout, debout, prépare-toi, Le consolateur s'approche.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to French (Français) copyright © 2016 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2016-02-13
Line count: 6
Word count: 29