Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
O Seelenparadies, Das Gottes Geist durchwehet, Der bei der Schöpfung blies, Der Geist, der nie vergehet; Auf, auf, bereite dich, Der Tröster nahet sich.
- by Salomo Franck (1659 - 1725) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 - 1750), "O Seelenparadies", BWV. 172 (1724), from Erschallet, ihr Lieder, erklinget ihr Saiten! [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English [singable] (Ebenezer Prout) , title 1: "O paradise of souls"
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "O paradis des âmes", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:28
Line count: 6
Word count: 24
O paradis des âmes, À travers qui l'Esprit de Dieu respire, Lui qui souffla lors de la création, L'Esprit, qui jamais disparaît ; Debout, debout, prépare-toi, Le consolateur s'approche.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to French (Français) copyright © 2016 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2016-02-13 00:00:00
Last modified: 2016-02-13 16:56:34
Line count: 6
Word count: 29