Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Os justi meditabitur sapientiam, et lingua ejus loquetur judicium. Lex Dei ejus in corde ipsius et non supplantabuntur gressus ejus.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by (Joseph) Anton Bruckner (1824 - 1896), "Os justi", WAB. 30 (1879), published 1886 [ chorus a cappella ], Vienna: Theodor Rättig [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , "De mond van de rechtvaardige", copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (David Kenneth Smith) , "The mouth of just ones", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Guy Laffaille [Guest Editor] , Lau Kanen [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2010-02-05
Line count: 4
Word count: 20
De mond van de rechtvaardige zal overwegen wat wijs is En zijn tong zal gerechtigheid spreken. De wet van God is in zijn hart En zijn schreden zullen niet wankelen.
- Translation from Latin to Dutch (Nederlands) copyright © 2019 by Lau Kanen, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., please ask the copyright-holder(s) directly.
Lau Kanen.  Contact: lcpkanen (AT) gmail (DOT) com
If the copyright-holder(s) are unreachable for three business days, please write to:
This text was added to the website: 2019-06-08
Line count: 4
Word count: 30