Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Comme chacun sait l'hirondelle Annonce la belle saison Elle n'a pas toujours raison Cependant nous croyons en elle
- by Raymond Radiguet (1903 - 1923), "Hirondelle", appears in Devoirs de vacances, in Alphabet [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Georges Auric (1899 - 1983), "Hirondelle", 1920, copyright © 1924 [voice and piano], from Alphabet : 7 quatrains de Raymond Radiguet, no. 6, Paris : Max Eschig [ sung text not verified ]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Peter Low) , "Swallow", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2013-12-07
Line count: 4
Word count: 18
The swallow, as everyone knows, announces the fine weather. She is not always right, yet we believe in her.
- Translation from French (Français) to English copyright © 2017 by Peter Low, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in French (Français) by Raymond Radiguet (1903 - 1923), "Hirondelle", appears in Devoirs de vacances, in Alphabet
This text was added to the website: 2017-08-03
Line count: 4
Word count: 19