Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Lebet wohl, wir sehn uns wieder, ja lebet wohl; Heult noch gar wie alte Weiber, wie alte Weiber.
- possibly by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791), "Lebet wohl, wir sehn uns wieder, ja lebet wohl", K. 228, canon [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , "Farewell, we shall see each other again", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Adieu, nous nous reverrons à nouveau, oui, adieu", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Guy Laffaille [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2008-04-25
Line count: 2
Word count: 18
Adieu, nous nous reverrons à nouveau, oui, adieu ; Criez donc comme des vieilles femmes, comme des vieilles femmes.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to French (Français) copyright © 2018 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2018-01-09
Line count: 2
Word count: 19