Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Benedicam Dominum in omni tempore, semper laus ejus in ore meo. Laudabitur anima mea. Audiant mansueti et laetentur. Magnificate Dominum mecum et exaltemus nomen ejus in idipsum.
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "Benedicam Dominum in omni tempore" [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Heinrich Schütz (1585 - 1672), "Benedicam Dominum in omni tempore", SWV. 267, from Symphoniae sacrae I, no. 11. [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Je bénirai Dieu en tout temps", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Guy Laffaille [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2018-02-05
Line count: 6
Word count: 27
Je bénirai Dieu en tout temps, toujours sa louange dans ma bouche. Mon âme sera louée. Les doux écouteront et se réjouiront. Magnifiez le Seigneur avec moi et exaltons son nom en lui-même.
- Translation from Latin to French (Français) copyright © 2018 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in Latin by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "Benedicam Dominum in omni tempore"
This text was added to the website: 2018-02-09
Line count: 6
Word count: 33