Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Exquisivi Dominum et exaudivit me, et ex omnibus tribulationibus meis eripuit me. Accedite ad eum et illuminamini et facies vestrae non confundentur.
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "Exquisivi Dominum et exaudivit me" [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Heinrich Schütz (1585 - 1672), "Exquisivi Dominum et exaudivit me", SWV. 268, from Symphoniae sacrae I, no. 12. [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "J'ai cherché le Seigneur et il m'a entendu", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Guy Laffaille [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2018-02-05
Line count: 4
Word count: 22
J'ai cherché le Seigneur et il m'a entendu et de tous mes tourments il m'a arraché. Allez vers lui et vous resplendirez et vos visages ne seront pas couverts de confusion.
- Translation from Latin to French (Français) copyright © 2018 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in Latin by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "Exquisivi Dominum et exaudivit me"
This text was added to the website: 2018-02-09
Line count: 4
Word count: 31