Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Hebt euer Haupt empor Und seid getrost, ihr Frommen, Zu eurer Seelen Flor! Ihr sollt in Eden grünen, Gott ewiglich zu dienen.
- by Salomo Franck (1659 - 1725) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 - 1750), "Aria. Hebt euer Haupt empor", BWV 70 no. 8 (1723) [ tenor and instrumental ensemble ], from cantata Wachet! betet! betet! wachet!, no. 8 [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English [singable] (Ebenezer Prout) , "Lift up your heads on high"
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Relevez la tête", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 5
Word count: 22
Relevez la tête, Et soyez confiants, vous les justes, Pour l'épanouissement de vos âmes ! Vous allez prospérer dans l'Éden Pour le service éternel de Dieu.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to French (Français) copyright © 2018 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2018-10-27
Line count: 5
Word count: 26