Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Se Florindo è fedele io m'innamorerò. Potrà ben l'arco tendere il faretrato arcier, Ch'io mi saprò difendere d'un guardo lusinghier. Preghi, pianti e querele, io non ascolterò. Ma se sarà fedele io m'innamorerò.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Alessandro Scarlatti (1659 - 1725), "Se Florindo è fedele", first performed 1698 [violin, soprano voice, and continuo], from the opera La donna ancora è fedele [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Andrew Schneider) , "If Florindo is faithful", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Si Florindo est fidèle", copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "Falls Fiorindo treu ist", copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- POR Portuguese (Português) (Débora Letícia Batista) , "Se Florinda for fiel", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Diego S. Loyola) , "Si Florindo es fiel", copyright © 2003, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator] , Andrew Schneider [Guest Editor]
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2018-05-02 12:09:19
Line count: 10
Word count: 33
Si Florindo est fidèle, je tomberai amoureuse. Il peut bien tendre son arc, l'archer avec son carquois, je saurai me défendre d'un regard flatteur. Prières, pleurs et disputes, je ne les écouterai pas. Mais s'il est fidèle je tomberai amoureuse.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to French (Français) copyright © 2019 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2019-01-07 00:00:00
Last modified: 2019-01-07 01:49:57
Line count: 10
Word count: 40