Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Se Florindo è fedele io m'innamorerò. Potrà ben l'arco tendere il faretrato arcier, Ch'io mi saprò difendere d'un guardo lusinghier. Preghi, pianti e querele, io non ascolterò. Ma se sarà fedele io m'innamorerò.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Alessandro Scarlatti (1659 - 1725), "Se Florindo è fedele", first performed 1698 [violin, soprano voice, and continuo], from the opera La donna ancora è fedele [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Andrew Schneider) , "If Florindo is faithful", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Si Florindo est fidèle", copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "Falls Fiorindo treu ist", copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- POR Portuguese (Português) (Débora Letícia Batista) , "Se Florinda for fiel", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Diego S. Loyola) , "Si Florindo es fiel", copyright © 2003, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator] , Andrew Schneider [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 10
Word count: 33
Si Florindo es fiel yo me enamoraré. Podrá tender el arco el arquero con su aljaba, que yo sabré defenderme de una mirada lisonjera. Ruegos, llantos y quejas, no escucharé, pero si fuera fiel yo me enamoraré, Si Florindo es fiel yo me enamoraré.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to Spanish (Español) copyright © 2003 by Diego S. Loyola, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2004-03-26
Line count: 9
Word count: 44