Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Kniend im Staube lieg ich vor dir, Du bist mein Glaube und mein Brevier. Du bist mein Lieben, du bist mein Hort, Mein Hoffen drüben. Mein Himmel dort. Bist meine Wahrheit und bist mein Traum. Bist die Erkenntnis in Zeit und Raum. Du bist das Gute, das Ding an sich. Du bist die Schönheit. Ich liebe dich.
- by Kory Elisabeth Rosenbaum (1868 - 1930), as Kory Towska [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Alban Maria Johannes Berg (1885 - 1935), "Liebeslied", c1902 [ voice and piano ], from Jugendlieder, Vol. I (1901-04), no. 8 [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Michael P. Rosewall) , "Song of love", copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Chant d'amour", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website: 2011-06-03 00:00:00
Last modified: 2016-10-28 16:17:58
Line count: 8
Word count: 57
I kneel in the dust in front of you, You are my faith and my breviary. You are my love, you are my refuge, My hope above. My fixed heaven. You are my truth and you are my dream. You are my awareness in time and space. You are the Good, the all in all. You are Beauty. I love you.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2020 by Michael P. Rosewall, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Kory Elisabeth Rosenbaum (1868 - 1930), as Kory Towska
Text added to the website: 2020-01-04 00:00:00
Last modified: 2020-01-04 14:02:57
Line count: 8
Word count: 61