Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Dorme a estrela do céu Dorme a rosa em seu jardim Dorme a lua no mar Dorme o amor dentro de mim É preciso pisar leve Ai, é preciso não falar Meu amor se adormece Quão suave é o seu perfume Dorme em paz rosa pura O teu sono não tem fim
- by (Marcus) Vinícius de Moraes (1913 - 1980) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Cláudio Franco de Sá Santoro (1919 - 1989), "Acalanto da Rosa", 1958 [ voice and piano ], from Canções de Amor (1a série), no. 2 [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Mirna Rubim) , "Lullaby of the Rose", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Elisa Rapado) , "Acalanto da Rosa", copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Mirna Rubim
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 10
Word count: 52
Duerme la estrella en el cielo duerme la rosa en su jardín duerme la luna en el mar Duerme el amor dentro de mí. Es preciso pisar leve es preciso no hablar. Mi amor se adormece qué suave su perfume duerme en paz, rosa pura tu sueño no tiene fin.
- Translation from Portuguese (Português) to Spanish (Español) copyright © 2020 by Elisa Rapado, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2020-10-08
Line count: 10
Word count: 50