J'ai tendu des cordes de clocher à clocher; des guirlandes de fenêtre à fenêtre; des chaînes d'or d'étoile à étoile, et je danse.
The text shown is a variant of another text.
It is based on
- a text in French (Français) by (Jean Nicholas) Arthur Rimbaud (1854 - 1891), "Phrases", appears in Les Illuminations
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Noël Lee (1924 - 2013), "Phrase", 1986-87, published 1987 [medium voice and piano four-hands], from Azurs, quatre mélodies sur des textes de Rimbaud, no. 2. [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
- by (Edward) Benjamin Britten (1913 - 1976), "Antique", op. 18 no. 3, from Les Illuminations, no. 3.
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CHI Chinese (中文) (Yen-Chiang Che) , "句子", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Ahmed E. Ismail) , "Phrase", copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (José Miguel Llata) , "Frase", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 3
Word count: 23