Wer traurig sein will, wird vielleicht mich lesen ...
About the headline (FAQ)This text may be copyright, so we will not display it until we obtain permission to do so or discover it is public-domain.
View text with footnotes
Confirmed with Bertold Viertel, Der Lebenslauf. Gedichte, New York: Aurora Verlag, 1946, page 42
- by Berthold Viertel (1885 - 1953), "Wer traurig sein will", appears in Der Lebenslauf. Gedichte, in Stimmen der Zeit, copyright © [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Hanns Eisler (1898 - 1962), "Chanson allemande", 1953. [text verified 1 time]
- by Hanns Eisler (1898 - 1962), "Traurigkeit", published 1962 [baritone, string orchestra], from Ernste Gesänge, no. 3. [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Dr. Anthony Krupp) , title 1: "Sadness", copyright © 2005, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 53