Gloria in excelsis Deo! Ehre sei Gott in der Höhe! Et in terra pax. Und Friede auf Erden! Hominibus bonae voluntatis. Und den Menschen ein Wohlgefallen!
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts [an adaptation] [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
- a text in Greek (Ελληνικά) by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "Δόξα Σοι τῷ δείξαντι τὸ φῶς"
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by André Caplet (1879 - 1925), "Gloria in excelsis deo", 1920, published 1920 [women's chorus a cappella], from Messe à trois voix - a capella, no. 2, Paris, Éd. Durand [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Johann Karl Gottfried Loewe (1796 - 1869), "Gloria in excelsis", 1859 [chorus] [ sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Paul Verlaine (1844 - 1896) , "Gloria in excelsis", appears in Liturgies intimes, no. 8, first published 1892 [an adaptation] LAT LAT ; composed by René Bernier, Dom Josef Kreps, Denise-Isabelle Roger, Henri Tomasi.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts DUT FRE LAT LAT ; composed by Johann Karl Gottfried Loewe, Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy.
- Also set in Latin, a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts DUT FRE GER GER ; composed by Benjamin Britten, Frank Martin, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website: 2003-10-12 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-08-29 15:34:19
Line count: 6
Word count: 26