Mes durs rêves formels sauront te chevaucher, Mon destin au char d'or sera ton beau cocher Qui pour rènes tendus à frénésie, Mes vers, les parangons de toute poésie.
- by Wilhelm Albert Włodzimierz Apolinary Kostrowicki (1880 - 1918), as Guillaume Apollinaire, "Le cheval", appears in Le Bestiaire, ou Cortège d'Orphée, no. 3, first published 1911 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Claude Ballif (1924 - 2004), "Le cheval", op. 1b no. 3 (1945-48), published 1994 [voice and piano], from Le Cortège d’Orphée, no. 3, Édition Durand & Fils [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Régis Campo (b. 1968), "Le cheval", 2007-08 [soprano and orchestra or piano], from Le Bestiaire, no. 11, Éd. Henry Lemoine (piano reduction) [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by John Carbon (b. 1951), "Le cheval", op. 22 no. 2 (2002), copyright © 2008 [soprano, horn, cello, piano], from Le Bestiare, no. 2, Édition du compositeur (JC. Collections) [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Louis Durey (1888 - 1979), "Le cheval", op. 17a no. 3 (1919), from Le Bestiaire, no. 3. [ sung text checked 1 time]
Researcher for this text: Ted Perry
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2016-12-19 12:22:41
Line count: 4
Word count: 29