Dovunque il guardo giro, Immenso Dio, ti vedo: Nell' opre tue t'ammiro, Ti riconosco in me. La terra, il mar, le [sfere]1 Parlan del tuo potere: Tu sei per tutto, e noi Totti viviamo in te.
About the headline (FAQ)View original text (without footnotes)
Confirmed with Tutte le opere di Pietro Metastasio, Firenze, Tipografia Borghi e compagni 1832, page 506.
The text appears in La passione di Gesù Cristo, parte II, Aria di Giovanni.1 Glinka: "stelle"
- by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio, no title, appears in La passione di Gesù Cristo [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Antonio Caldara (1670 - 1736), "Dovunque il guardo giro" [ soprano voice, alto trombone, and continuo ] [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Mikhail Ivanovich Glinka (1804 - 1857), "Dovunque il guardo giro", also set in Russian (Русский) [sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by V. Rozhdestvensky ; composed by Mikhail Ivanovich Glinka.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Andrew Schneider) , "Wheresoever I look about", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator] , Peter Rastl [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2003-12-07
Line count: 8
Word count: 36