Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Por ver si me consolaba, Arrime a un pino verde, Por ver si me consolaba. Por verme llorar, lloraba. Y el pino como era verde, Por verme llorar, lloraba.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Manuel de Falla (1876 - 1946), "Asturiana", published 1914 [voice and piano], from Siete Canciones Populares Espanolas, no. 3. [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Claudia Landivar Cody) , title 1: "Asturian", copyright © 2003, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Julia Hamann) , title 1: "Asturiana", copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Asturienne", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- IRI Irish (Gaelic) [singable] (Gabriel Rosenstock) , title 1: "Astúrach", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Arthur Rishi
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 6
Word count: 29
Nach Trost verlangend Fand ich mich unter einer grünen Pinie Verlangend nach Trost. Mich weinen sehend, weint' auch sie, Die Pinie so grün, Es weint' auch sie mich weinen sehend.
- Translation from Spanish (Español) to German (Deutsch) copyright © 2004 by Julia Hamann, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., please ask the copyright-holder(s) directly.
Julia Hamann.  Contact: liaman (AT) gmx.net
If the copyright-holder(s) are unreachable for three business days, please write to:
This text was added to the website: 2004-08-06
Line count: 6
Word count: 30