Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Dłoń moja przesunęła się po jej ciele. Spała. Patrzyłem na nią. Tymczasem myśl ma biegła ku innej. Jakżeby dłoń jej umiała mnie uśpić! A tak mi trzeba snu...
About the headline (FAQ)
Please note: this text, provided here for educational and research use, is in the public domain in Canada and the U.S., but it may still be copyright in other legal jurisdictions. The LiederNet Archive makes no guarantee that the above text is public domain in your country. Please consult your country's copyright statutes or a qualified IP attorney to verify whether a certain text is in the public domain in your country or if downloading or distributing a copy constitutes fair use. The LiederNet Archive assumes no legal responsibility or liability for the copyright compliance of third parties.
- by Leopold Staff (1878 - 1957), "Ogród pieszczot", first published 1921 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by Grażyna Bacewicz (1909 - 1969), "Inna", 1938, from Trzy pies'ni do s/low arabskich z X wieku, no. 2 [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English ( Marek Tomaszewski) , "Another", copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 4
Word count: 28
My hand moved along her body. She slept. I was looking at her. Meanwhile my thought was running toward another. How her hand could lull me asleep! And I need sleep so much...
- Translation from Polish (Polski) to English copyright © 2004 by Marek Tomaszewski, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Marek Tomaszewski.  Contact: marektomaszewski (AT) poczta.onet.plIf you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
- a text in Polish (Polski) by Leopold Staff (1878 - 1957), "Ogród pieszczot", first published 1921
This text was added to the website: 2004-08-14
Line count: 4
Word count: 33