Thank you for visiting!
If you haven't already, please consider donating.
Visitor donations keep us online and growing!
Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Glück der Engel! wo geblieben? Wo geblieben schöner Tag, Wo mit unbesorgtem Lieben Ihre Hand auf meinem Herzen lag? O! sie fühlte jeden Schlag Und in jedem lauter Lieben! Wo geblieben, wo geblieben, Glück der Engel, schöner Tag!
- by Johann Georg Jacobi (1740 - 1814) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by Robert Schumann (1810 - 1856), "Erinnerung", 1827-28 [ voice and piano ], from Elf Jugendlieder, no. 10, note: published as "op. posth. 21", no. 3, in 1933, Wien (Vienna), Universal Edition [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "Recordança", copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Herinnering", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , "Remembering", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Souvenir", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 38
Benaurança angèlica! On ets? On és el dia joliu en el que amb un amor sense cuita ella posava la mà al meu cor? Oh! Ella sentia cada batec, i en cadascun, amor sincer! On sou, on sou benaurança angèlica, dia joliu!
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Catalan (Català) copyright © 2020 by Salvador Pila, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Johann Georg Jacobi (1740 - 1814)
This text was added to the website: 2020-05-24
Line count: 8
Word count: 42