In des Sees Wogenspiele Fallen durch den Sonnenschein Sterne, ach, gar viele, viele, Flammend leuchtend stets hinein. Wenn der Mensch zum See geworden, In der Seele Wogenspiele Fallen aus des Himmels Pforten Sterne, ach, gar viele, viele.
- by Franz Seraph Ritter von Bruchmann (1798 - 1867) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "Am See", D. 746 (1817?/1822?), published 1831. [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "A la vora del llac", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Bij het meer", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Danielle Woerner) , "On the lake", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Près du lac", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Sul lago", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:23
Line count: 8
Word count: 37