Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
In des Sees Wogenspiele Fallen durch den Sonnenschein Sterne, ach, gar viele, viele, Flammend leuchtend stets hinein. Wenn der Mensch zum See geworden, In der Seele Wogenspiele Fallen aus des Himmels Pforten Sterne, ach, gar viele, viele.
- by Franz Seraph Ritter von Bruchmann (1798 - 1867) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "Am See", D 746 (1817?/1822?), published 1831 [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "A la vora del llac", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Bij het meer", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Danielle Woerner) , "On the lake", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Près du lac", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Sul lago", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:23
Line count: 8
Word count: 37
Dans le jeu des vagues du lac À travers la lumière du soleil tombent Les étoiles, hélas, si nombreuses, Étincelant sans cesse. Si l'homme devient un lac, Dans le jeu des vagues de l'âme Tombent des portes du ciel Les étoiles, hélas, si nombreuses.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to French (Français) copyright © 2011 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2011-09-09 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:34
Line count: 8
Word count: 44