Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
In des Sees Wogenspiele Fallen durch den Sonnenschein Sterne, ach, gar viele, viele, Flammend leuchtend stets hinein. Wenn der Mensch zum See geworden, In der Seele Wogenspiele Fallen aus des Himmels Pforten Sterne, ach, gar viele, viele.
- by Franz Seraph Ritter von Bruchmann (1798 - 1867) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "Am See", D 746 (1817?/1822?), published 1831 [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "A la vora del llac", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Bij het meer", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Danielle Woerner) , "On the lake", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Près du lac", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Sul lago", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 37
In de golven ziet men spelen - Vallend door de zon in 't meer - Sterren, ach, zo vele, vele, Vlammend, lichtend, steeds maar weer. Is de mens tot meer geworden, In zijn zielegolven spelen - Vallend uit de hemelpoorten - Sterren, ach, zeer vele, vele.
- Singable translation from German (Deutsch) to Dutch (Nederlands) copyright © 2008 by Lau Kanen, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., please ask the copyright-holder(s) directly.
Lau Kanen.  Contact: lcpkanen (AT) gmail (DOT) com
If the copyright-holder(s) are unreachable for three business days, please write to:
This text was added to the website: 2008-11-12
Line count: 8
Word count: 46