Está tu imágen, que admiro, Tan pegada á mi deseo, Que si al espejo me miro, En vez de verme, te veo.
About the headline (FAQ)
Confirmed with Obras Escogidas de D. Ramon de Campoamor (de la Academia Española). Tomo I. Ternezas y Flores. -- Sonetos. -- Fábulas. -- Cantares. -- Doloras, Leipzig, F. A. Brockhaus, 1885, page 144.
- by Ramòn Maria de las Mercedes de Campoamor y Campoosorio (1817 - 1901), no title, appears in Cantares, in Amorosos, no. 6 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- [ None yet in the database ]
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
- by Joaquín Turina (1882 - 1949), "Farruca", op. 45 no. 1 (1927), published 1929 [ soprano and piano or orchestra ], from Tríptico, no. 1, Madrid : UME; title in English: "Arrogant woman"
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Garrett Medlock) , copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Farruca", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator] , John Versmoren
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 4
Word count: 22