Asperges me, Domine, hyssopo, et mundabor: lavabis me, et super nivem dealbador. Miserere mei, Deus, secundum magnam misericordiam tuam.
About the headline (FAQ)
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Ludwig Senfl (c1490 - 1543), "Asperges me, Domine, hyssopo" [SATB chorus] [text not verified]
- by Anton von Webern (1883 - 1945), "Asperges me, Domine, hyssopo, et mundabor
", op. 16 no. 4 (1923-4), published 1928 [voice and clarinet], from Fünf Canons, no. 4. [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Erkki Pullinen) , title unknown, copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "Besprenkel mij, Heer"
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title unknown, copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , title unknown, copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Lau Kanen [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 4
Word count: 19