Rote Rosenknospen künden schon des Lenzes Triebe. Rosenrote Wangen Deuten Mädchens erste Liebe. Kleiner roter Vogel, Flieg herab zur roten Rose! Bursche geht zum ros'gen Mädchen kosen.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Hugo Conrat (1845 - 1906) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Rote Rosenknospen", alternate title: "Rothe Rosenknospen", op. 112 (Sechs Quartette für S., A., T. und B. mit Pianoforte) no. 4 (1891), published 1892 [SATB quartet and piano], from the collection Vier Zigeunerlieder, no. 2, Leipzig, Peters [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "Red rosebuds herald the arrival of Spring", copyright ©
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Les boutons de roses rouges", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Rossi boccioli di rosa", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:24
Line count: 8
Word count: 27