Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Wenn so lind dein Auge mir und so lieblich schauet, jede letze Trübe flieht welche mich umgrauet. Dieser Liebe schöne Glut, laß sie nicht verstieben! Nimmer wird, wie ich, so treu dich ein andrer lieben.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Georg Friedrich Daumer (1800 - 1875) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Wenn so lind dein Auge mir", op. 52 no. 8 (1869), from Liebesliederwalzer, no. 8 [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- AFR Afrikaans [singable] (Robert Schall) , copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Pauline Kroger) , copyright © 2005, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , "When your eyes look at me", copyright ©
- ENG English [singable] (Robert Schall) , copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Erkki Pullinen) , copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , "Lorsque tes yeux me regardent", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 35
Lorsque tes yeux me regardent Si tendrement et si amoureusement, Cela chasse les derniers troubles Qui m'enserrent d'effroi. Le bel éclat de cet amour, Ne le laisse pas retomber ! Jamais aucun autre ne t'aimera Aussi fidèlement que moi.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to French (Français) copyright © 2008 by Pierre Mathé, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2008-08-08
Line count: 8
Word count: 39