Schwer, schwer, schwer . . . . . . . . . .— The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. —
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in English by Alfred Tennyson, Lord (1809 - 1892), no title, appears in Poems, Volume II, first published 1842
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Alexander Winterberger (1834 - 1914), "Schwer, schwer, schwer", published <<1892 [voice and piano]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Adolf Strodtmann (1829 - 1879) , no title ; composed by Heinrich Zöllner.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Eugen Oswald (1826 - 1912) , "Brich, brich, brich" ENG ; composed by János Végh, as Johann Végh.
This page was added to the website: 2008-08-11