Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Dimmi, ben mio, che m'ami, Dimmi che mia tu sei. E non invidio ai Dei La lor' divinità! Con un tuo sguardo solo, Cara, con un sorriso Tu m'apri il paradiso Di mia felicità!
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770 - 1827), "Dimmi, ben mio", op. 82 (Vier Arietten und ein Duett) no. 1 (1811), also set in German (Deutsch) [text verified 1 time]
- by Wayne L. Davies (b. 1975), "Dimmi, ben mio, che m'ami" [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Uri Liebrecht) , title 1: "Say, my love, you love me", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Juan Henríquez Concepción) , title 1: "Di, amor mío", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Dis-moi, mon amour", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 34
Say, my love, you love me, Say that you are mine And I will not envy The gods their power divine. With one single look from you, My dear, with just one smile You will show me paradise, Blissful content the while.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to English copyright © 2009 by Uri Liebrecht, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Uri Liebrecht.  Contact: liebrecht (AT) mypostoffice (DOT) co (DOT) ukIf you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
This text was added to the website: 2009-01-28
Line count: 8
Word count: 42