Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Zürne nicht des Herbstes Wind, Der die Rosen raubet, Sondern Rosen geh' geschwind Pflücken, eh' er schnaubet.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Friedrich Rückert (1788 - 1866), no title [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Robert Schumann (1810 - 1856), "Zürne nicht des Herbstes Wind", op. 65 no. 5 (1847), published 1849 [ TTBB chorus ], from Ritornelle in canonischen Weisen, no. 5, Leipzig, Breitkopf und Härtel [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "No t’enutgis per el vent de la tardor", copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Wees niet op de herfstwind boos", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Bertram Kottmann) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Dr. Gerrit den Hartogh
This text was added to the website: 2004-07-03
Line count: 4
Word count: 17
No t’enutgis per el vent de la tardor que s’emporta les roses, ans ves de pressa a collir-les abans que bufegui.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Catalan (Català) copyright © 2020 by Salvador Pila, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2020-11-13
Line count: 4
Word count: 21