Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Des Phöbus Strahlen sind dem Aug entschwunden Hinweg vom Horizont, Und oh! des Feierabends frohe Stunden Beleuchtet nun der Mond.
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "Zur Namensfeier des Herrn Andreas Siller", D 83 (1813) [ voice, violin, and harp ] [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "A l’onomàstica del senyor Andreas Siller", copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Op het naamfeest van de heer Andreas Siller", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Malcolm Wren) , "On the name day of Mr. Andreas Siller", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Pour la fête d'Andreas Siller", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2007-11-28
Line count: 4
Word count: 20
Heer Phoebus' stralen zijn uit 't oog verdwenen Ver bij de kim vandaan, En o, de vrije uren zijn verschenen, Belicht nu door de maan.
- Singable translation from German (Deutsch) to Dutch (Nederlands) copyright © 2010 by Lau Kanen, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., please ask the copyright-holder(s) directly.
Lau Kanen.  Contact: boudewijnkanen (AT) gmail (DOT) com
If the copyright-holder(s) are unreachable for three business days, please write to:
This text was added to the website: 2010-12-23
Line count: 4
Word count: 25