Christus factus est pro nobis obediens usque ad mortem, mortem autem crucis. Propter quod et Deus exaltavit illum: et dedit illi nomen quod est super omne nomen.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts , based on St. Paul's letter to the Philippians , Ch. 2, 8-9 [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by (Joseph) Anton Bruckner (1824 - 1896), "Christus factus est", WAB. 11 (1884), published 1886 [chorus a cappella], Vienna: Theodor Rättig [text verified 1 time]
- by Anton von Webern (1883 - 1945), "Christus factus est pro nobis
", op. 16 no. 1 (1923-4), from Fünf Canons, no. 1. [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "Christus is voor ons geworden"
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title unknown, copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , title unknown, copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Jeroen Scholten
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 6
Word count: 27