Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Was zagst du, Herz, in solchen Tagen, Wo selbst die Dorne Rosen tragen?
- by Johann Ludwig Uhland (1787 - 1862), "Frühlingstrost", appears in Lieder, in Frühlingslieder, no. 6 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by C. Altenburg , "Frühlingstrost", op. 1 no. 6, published 1900 [voice and piano], from Uhland's Frühlingslieder für 1 Singstimme mit Pianofortebegleitung, no. 6, Braunschweig, Wollermann [text not verified]
- by Theobald Kretschmann (1850 - 1919), "Frühlingstrost", op. 21 no. 6, published 1891 [voice and piano], from Frühlingslieder von Uhland für 1 Singstimme mit Pianofortebegleitung, no. 6, Wien, Rörich [text not verified]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , title 1: "Consolation de printemps", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , title 1: "Comfort of spring", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website: 2009-03-12 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-08-11 09:55:28
Line count: 2
Word count: 13
Why do you hesitate, heart, in such days When even the thorns bear roses?
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2011 by Sharon Krebs, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Johann Ludwig Uhland (1787 - 1862), "Frühlingstrost", appears in Lieder, in Frühlingslieder, no. 6
Text added to the website: 2011-06-01 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:24
Line count: 2
Word count: 14