Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
O sel'ge Zeit, da in der Brust Die Liebe auferblüht, [Da]1 morgenhell das Angesicht In ihrer Wonne glüht, O halte fest die gold'ne Zeit Du Jäger, schmuck und grün, Bald muß ja doch dein schöner Mai Verwelken und verblühn.
R. Schumann sets lines 1-4
About the headline (FAQ)View original text (without footnotes)
Confirmed with Die Pilgerfahrt der Rose. Dichtung von Moritz Horn. Zweite Abtheilung, Leipzig: F. A. Brockhaus, 1852. Appears in Im Walde, page 80.1 Schumann: "Und"
- by Moritz Horn (1814 - 1874), no title, appears in Die Pilgerfahrt der Rose, in Im Walde, first published 1852 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Robert Schumann (1810 - 1856), "O sel'ge Zeit, da in der Brust", op. 112 no. 18, published 1852, lines 1-4 [ chorus and piano ], from oratorio Der Rose Pilgerfahrt, no. 18, Leipzig, Kistner [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator] , Melanie Trumbull
This text was added to the website: 2004-07-30
Line count: 8
Word count: 39
Ô temps bénit, quand dans la poitrine L'amour fleurit, Et dans la clarté du matin son visage Brille de son bonheur. [... ... ... ...]
About the headline (FAQ)
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to French (Français) copyright © 2011 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Moritz Horn (1814 - 1874), no title, appears in Die Pilgerfahrt der Rose, in Im Walde, first published 1852
This text was added to the website: 2011-08-29
Line count: 8
Word count: 25