Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Duérmete, niño, duerme, Duerme, mi alma, Duérmete, lucerito De la mañana. Nanita, nana, Nanita, nana. Duérmete, lucerito De la mañana.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Manuel de Falla (1876 - 1946), "Nana", published 1914 [voice and piano], from Siete Canciones Populares Espanolas, no. 5. [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Claudia Landivar Cody) , title 1: "Nana", copyright © 2003, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Laura Claycomb) , title 1: "Lullaby", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Berceuse", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- HUN Hungarian (Magyar) (Zoltán Retkes) , title 1: "Altató", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- IRI Irish (Gaelic) [singable] (Gabriel Rosenstock) , title 1: "Seoithín seó", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Arthur Rishi
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 20
Aludjál csak kicsim, csak aludj, Aludj csak lelkecském, Aludjál csak kis csillagom Hajnalok egén. Hinta-palinta Hinta-palinta Aludjál hát kis csillagom Hajnalok egén.
- Translation from Spanish (Español) to Hungarian (Magyar) copyright © 2012 by Zoltán Retkes, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Zoltán Retkes.  Contact: tigris35711 (AT) gmail (DOT) comIf you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
This text was added to the website: 2012-02-07
Line count: 8
Word count: 22