Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Duérmete, niño, duerme, Duerme, mi alma, Duérmete, lucerito De la mañana. Nanita, nana, Nanita, nana. Duérmete, lucerito De la mañana.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Manuel de Falla (1876 - 1946), "Nana", published 1914 [voice and piano], from Siete Canciones Populares Espanolas, no. 5. [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Claudia Landivar Cody) , title 1: "Nana", copyright © 2003, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Laura Claycomb) , title 1: "Lullaby", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Berceuse", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- HUN Hungarian (Magyar) (Zoltán Retkes) , title 1: "Altató", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- IRI Irish (Gaelic) [singable] (Gabriel Rosenstock) , title 1: "Seoithín seó", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Arthur Rishi
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 20
Dors, mon enfant, dors, Dors, mon âme, Dors, petite étoile Du matin. Dodo, dodo, Dodo, dodo, Dors, petite étoile Du matin.
- Translation from Spanish (Español) to French (Français) copyright © 2012 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2012-02-02
Line count: 8
Word count: 21