Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Peccantem me quotidie, et non me paenitentem, timor mortis conturbat me: Quia in inferno nulla est redemptio, miserere, miserere mei, Deus, et salva me.
- by Roland de Lassus (1532 - 1594) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by William Byrd (1542?3? - 1623), "Peccantem me quotidie", published 1575, from the collection Cantiones Sacrae, no. 6. [text verified 1 time]
- by Thomas Crecquillon (d. 1557?), "Peccantem me quotidie" [chorus], motet [text not verified]
- by Carlo Gesualdo da Venosa (c1561 - 1613), "Peccantem me quotidie" [chorus], motet [text verified 1 time]
- by Cristobal de Morales (c1500 - 1553), "Peccantem me quotidie" [chorus] [text not verified]
- by Robert Parsons (c1530 - c1570), "Peccantem me quotidie" [saatb chorus a cappella] [text not verified]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (David Wyatt) , title 1: "As I was sinning daily", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "Der ich täglich schuldig werde", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Ivo Zandhuis
Text added to the website: 2004-12-13 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:11
Line count: 7
Word count: 24
As I was sinning daily And not repenting, The fear of death disturbed me: Because in hell There is no redemption, Have pity, have pity on me, O God, and save me.
- Translation from Latin to English copyright © 2012 by David Wyatt, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2012-07-05 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:59
Line count: 7
Word count: 32