Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Alles, alles in den Wind sagst du mir, du Schmeichler! Alle samt verloren sind deine Müh'n, du Heuchler! Einem andern Fang' zu lieb stelle deine Falle! Denn du bist ein loser Dieb, denn du buhlst um alle!
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Georg Friedrich Daumer (1800 - 1875), appears in Polydora, ein weltpoetisches Liederbuch [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Alles, alles in den Wind", op. 65 no. 11 (1875), published 1875 [vocal quartet and piano four-hands or instrumental ensemble], from Neue Liebeslieder, no. 11, Berlin, Simrock [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "All, all is lost to the wind", copyright ©
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Tutto, tutto perduto nel vento", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Erkki Pullinen) , copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Mimi Ezust
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:25
Line count: 8
Word count: 37
Tutto, tutto perduto nel vento è quanto mi hai detto adulandomi! Ed è anche perduto ormai ogni tuo sforzo, ipocrita! Per catturare un altro amore installa le tue trappole! Tu sei un ladro spudorato che corteggi chiunque!
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2012 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Georg Friedrich Daumer (1800 - 1875), appears in Polydora, ein weltpoetisches Liederbuch
Text added to the website: 2012-09-24 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:03
Line count: 8
Word count: 37