Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
De los álamos vengo, madre, de ver cómo los menea el aire. De los álamos de Sevilla, de ver a mi linda amiga,
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Joaquín Rodrigo Vidre (1901 - 1999), "De los álamos vengo, madre", 1948, from Cuatro madrigales amatorios, no. 4. [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Juan Vásquez (c1510 - c1560), "De los álamos vengo, madre" [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English [singable] (Steuart Allin) , "I have been by the poplars, mother", copyright ©
- ENG English (Michael P. Rosewall) , "From the poplars have I come, mother", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Je viens des peupliers, mère", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "Von den Pappeln komm’ ich, Mutter", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:19
Line count: 4
Word count: 23
Je viens des peupliers, mère, Où je les ai vus se balancer Je viens des peupliers de Séville, Où j'ai vue ma tendre bien-aimée.
- Translation from Spanish (Español) to French (Français) copyright © 2012 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2013-01-10 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:07
Line count: 4
Word count: 24