Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
De los álamos vengo, madre, de ver cómo los menea el aire. De los álamos de Sevilla, de ver a mi linda amiga,
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Joaquín Rodrigo Vidre (1901 - 1999), "De los álamos vengo, madre", 1948, from Cuatro madrigales amatorios, no. 4. [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Juan Vásquez (c1510 - c1560), "De los álamos vengo, madre" [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English [singable] (Steuart Allin) , "I have been by the poplars, mother", copyright ©
- ENG English (Michael P. Rosewall) , "From the poplars have I come, mother", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Je viens des peupliers, mère", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "Von den Pappeln komm’ ich, Mutter", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 4
Word count: 23
Je viens des peupliers, mère, Où je les ai vus se balancer Je viens des peupliers de Séville, Où j'ai vue ma tendre bien-aimée.
- Translation from Spanish (Español) to French (Français) copyright © 2012 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2013-01-10
Line count: 4
Word count: 24